Welcome to St. Hilary Catholic Parish in Tiburon, California
Saint Hilary Church and School is a caring, vibrant community which believes in promoting Catholic values, love, faith, friendship, and outreach to those in need.
If you are visiting, we welcome you and invite you to join us at Mass. If you are new to the area or a long-time resident, we look forward to having you join our community. We offer the Catholic sacraments, religious education for children and opportunities to become involved in any of our liturgical, instructional, faith & prayer, outreach or fellowship ministries. Please register with the parish to have an ambassador family help you find out what your parish has to offer!
Father William E. Brown - Pastor - BillBrown@StanfordAlumni.org
Father Roger G. Gustafson - Parochial Vicar - FatherRogerGustafson@Gmail.com
Father John-Paul Sheridan - Summer Supply - JohnPaul.Sheridan@spcm.ie
Learn more by reading:
Mass Schedule at Saint Hilary Catholic Church
For more Mass information or to hear the Sunday Gospel and homily, click here.
St. Hilary Parish this Week
WELCOME, NEW NEIGHBORS!
Many years ago, this 2.56 acre parcel of land was donated to St. Hilary Parish, with the stipulation that we would sell the property and then divide the profits between the Dominican Friars in the East Bay, and St. Hilary Parish.
When the sale is complete, we first must pay back those who lent the parish money for the legal fees and other huge costs that went into this project over the past several years: some very generous & dedicated parishioners, and also St. Hilary School.
Our Finance Committee, our Parish Pastoral Council, and the Pastoral Staff members have been working hard to get access to this property, apply for a subdivision through the Tiburon Planning Commission (which approved the request unanimously), and now we are finally in a position to sell the land so that a new family can move in.
If you are interested in buying the property, or know someone who is, please check out the following websites:
The good people of the parish have been spending a lot of time and effort into getting this land ready for sale, long before I arrived in Tiburon five years ago, and we all owe them a huge debt of gratitude. Personally, I look forward to welcoming our new neighbors, even as we have reached out to welcome the families who are building homes right behind the rectory, on Gilmartin Drive.
~ Father Brown
"When one neighbor helps another, we strengthen our communities."
PRAY FOR OUR YOUNG COUPLES PREPARING FOR MARRIAGE
especially Katharine Ellise Sylvia & James Michael Root
whose Nuptial Mass was celebrated here at St. Hilary's on August 29.
Others looking forward to their wedding date are:
- Jessica Anderson & Tommy Flick
- Claire Teter & Grahame Lesh
- Allisen Russi & Lucas Danna
- Kelly Monahan & Jorge Lee
- Elissa Kerrigan & Daniel Ziegler
- Amanda De La Mater & John Quin
"God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them." [Genesis 1:27]
Parish News and Information
We Can Help!
Online enrollment for the 2015-16 Religious Education year is now open. Please visit the St. Hilary Religious Education page of our parish website, http://www.sthilary.org/religious-education/ and simply click on the registration button. It's that easy! Register before August 14th to take advantage of the "early bird discount."
We look forward to a terrific and faith-filled year with your families.
For questions, please contact Lisa Veto,
Director of Religious Education, at: LisaVeto@Gmail.Com
BEING A SAINT HILARY CATECHIST
Experience the joy of sharing the Catholic faith with our parish children and their families as a Catechist in our Religious Education Program. We need you! Please visit the Religious Ed page of our parish website to learn more at:
For questions, contact Lisa Veto at firstname.lastname@example.org
2015-16 Teen Service Corps (TSC) Projects Announced!
We are excited to announce our upcoming service projects for 2015-16. Please contact us at email@example.com
- Cupcake baking for monthly birthday celebrations at St. Vincent de Paul dining hall, which serves the homeless in Marin County. September 2015 through June 2016. Coordinator: Brendan Shepard
- REST Dinner: Feeding the homeless a good home-cooked meal at St Hilary Parish Hall during the cold winter months. November 2015 through March 2016. Coordinator: Natalie Veto
- Preparing Christmas boxes for Russian orphans: including PJs, toys, toothbrushes and more. November through December 2015. Coordinator: Max Fennema
- Basketball with Champions: Playing basketball with developmentally disabled adults in conjunction with the Rec. Inc. program in Larkspur. January through March 2016. Coordinator: Matthew Walravens
- April 2016 “Across the Bay” Run benefiting the EDGEWOOD Center for Children. This year, we will be running the race! Training and fundraising will start in March 2016. Coordinator: Max Fennema
- Hoops for Hope Basketball camp for young kids. Money raised will go to Sunny Hills Children's Garden, a non-profit that helps abused children in Marin County. Date TBD. Coordinator: Brendan Shepard
- Feed and clothe the homeless in San Francisco. November 2015 through March 2016. Coordinator: John Paul Christen
INTERESTED IN LEARNING ABOUT BEING A CATHOLIC?
"Pennies From Heaven" Annual Gala
Giving Made Easy!
We have implemented a new, easier approach to making donations to St. Hilary Parish. To make a one-time or recurring donation online, click here or on the button.
VISIT ROME AND ASSISI WITH FATHER ROGER
October 12 to 23, 2015
Our very own intrepid Father Roger Gustafson has organized a cultural and spiritual journey to Italy this fall, and you are cordially invited to register for the trip!
Registration is open and space is limited. For more information, please see the flyer and itinerary below.
Your Trip Includes: Round Trip Airfare from San Francisco. Airport taxes & fuel surcharges up to $670. 10 nights at centrally located first class hotels as follows: (or similar) Oct 13-16 | 3 Ni—Hotel Dal Moro, Assisi Oct 16-23 | 7 Ni—Hotel Della Conciliazione, Rome Tour Escort. Breakfast Daily, Two (2) Lunches, Seven (7) Dinners. Wine with Dinners. Wine Tasting in Montefalco. Transportation by air-conditioned motor coach. Assistance of professional local Guides for sightseeing. Sightseeing and Admission Fees as per itinerary. Luggage handling (1 piece per person). Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents. Not Included: Meals and Beverages not mentioned, Tips to your guide & driver, Individual airport transfers for Land Only.
Gustafson Brochure (206 Tours).pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [1.7 MB]
Desperately desiring delicious doughnuts...?
"New mysteries. New day. Fresh doughnuts." David Lynch
Father Brown's Q and A: Sunday envelopes?
- QUESTION: I have signed up for electronic giving through Saint Hilary's website, but what do I do now when the collection basket comes around during Mass? I feel a bit embarrassed if I don't put something in.
- ANSWER: Please register with Diana and get a monthly packet of Sunday envelopes, which will enable you to know what special days are coming up (e.g., Ash Wednesday), and will also permit you to donate to the second collection. When the first collection basket comes around, put in your (empty) envelopes, as a sign that you are supporting your parish - which you are doing through your e-giving!
Help Saint Hilary School via eScrip!
Sign up for eScrip today and designate our parish school, St. Hilary #137965399 as the recipient of your eScript points.
We are MOST grateful to the families of our parish and of St. Hilary School who have used this easy, free method of making a big difference in helping our school and our students.
Just go to www.eScrip.com and follow the simple instructions -- be sure to plug in St. Hilary School #137965399 when you register.
God bless you! Just last year, the efforts of people like you brought in thousands of dollars for our parochial school.
Also, take a look at the eScrip online mall: http://shopping.escrip.com
Pastor e-Mail Alerts - from Father William e-Brown
Would you like to receive emails from Father Brown when one of our dear parishioners passes away, or when a special event is taking place here at St. Hilary, or when a disaster strikes and we will take up a second collection for those impacted? If so, please send a brief message to:
Rest assured that all messages are sent as a "blind carbon copy,"
so that others cannot access your email address.
REST IN PEACE:
Robert Ortiz Valentine (1921-2015)
Please pray for Bob, his wife Lani, their children, grandchildren, and loved ones.
FUNERAL MASS celebrated here at St. Hilary's on Saturday, August 22, at 11:00 a.m., followed by a reception in Tarantino Hall.
IN LIEU OF FLOWERS the family invites friends to make a donation to Hospice-by-the-Bay, 17 East Sir Francis Drake Blvd., Larkspur, CA 94939; or Hanna Boys Center, 1700 Arnold Drive, PO Box 100, Sonoma, CA 95476-0100.
Welcome, Father John-Paul Sheridan
Here's a brief bio about our guest from Ireland:
Fr. John-Paul Sheridan is a priest of the Diocese of Ferns in Ireland. He was ordained in 1990, having studied at St. Patrick's College, Maynooth. He then lived at the Pontifical Irish College, in Rome, where he studied at the Pontifical Gregorian University and at the Ateneo Sant'Anselmo. He served as a parochial vicar in his diocese after ordination and then became involved in the area of Religious Education and Catechesis. He studied at for a Master's in Education at Boston College and his Ph.D. at Trinity College, Dublin. In 2014 he was appointed to the staff of St. Patrick's College, Maynooth, which is a Pontifical University and the National Seminary for Ireland. He teaches Religious Education and Catechesis and Systematic Theology.
Additional parish news and information can be found by clicking here.